If I didn’t know better, I’d think our dog Arlo keeps trying to commit suicide. The first incident was back in 2001, when he decided to eat and partially digest a penny. That almost killed him. Then there was the ill-fated trip to Florida two years ago when he ate something in my Dad’s backyard (Poisonous frog? Mushroom? Who knows.) And then just last weekend, there was the Raisin Episode.Courtney came home to find a child’s box of raisins had been rooted out of one her bags and rapaciously consumed by our four legged son. We’d heard of this legend that raisins are not good for dogs, so I called the vet, and turns out it’s even worse than that. Apparently raisins are completely and totally toxic to dogs. I have no idea why but apparently even ingesting a couple of them can cause kidney failure and death. So there we are at Hope Veterinary 15 minutes later for an emergency stomach pumping, and I’m very happy to say a senseless tragedy was averted (although maybe it’s finally time our boy Arlo seeks psychological counsel.) But there you go, folks. Raisins! Keep ‘em away from your dog!